PC Factory settings

Tvist 17:29 22 Sep 04

I am thinking of selling my current PC to a freind. How would I go about returning the PC to factory settings so I end up with just the
standard PC with operating system. As when I first purchased it?? Any suggestions appreciated

Cuddles 17:47 22 Sep 04

What operating system are you going to leave on it.

Djohn 18:38 22 Sep 04

Did the PC come with operating system installed and a restore disk, either a floppy or CD?

Tvist 10:31 23 Sep 04

The operating system is windows 2000 professional for which I do not have the disks. The PC came with Windows ME installed (nuf said) I do however have the recovery disk

Cuddles 22:25 23 Sep 04

Why not reformat the harddrive and leave os to the new owner.

THE TERMINATOR 23:38 23 Sep 04

The recovery disk will re-install the original software on the disk as it was, remember to backup any personal files before you use it....TT

Tvist 09:31 24 Sep 04

Can anybody sugest somwhere I could get info on how to re-format the HD. Thanks

JonnyTub 09:34 24 Sep 04

JonnyTub 09:44 24 Sep 04

If it's purely a format you want to do, go to bootdisk.com and download 98 bootdisk files and follow the given instructions for transferring onto a floppy disk, make sure your pc is set to boot from the floppy (in the bios) you will be asked how you want to start the pc just choose "start witout cd-rom" seen as your not installing another os. When the boot process has finished loading you will come to a command prompt type: format c:

you will then be asked : are you sure y n
hit y and press enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…