PC error message after cleaning

ACOLYTE 16:32 06 Sep 08

A strange error here,i cleaned the pc,just dust from cpu fan and inside case,now when i turn on the pc i get a blue stop page with the error message that the bios in the system is not fully ACPI compliant,and it just repeats this every reboot.
I dont know what has caused this but it was working fine before i cleaned it any ideas>?

Sheik Yerbouti 16:39 06 Sep 08

Make sure the RAM modules are seated properly, maybe remove them and then reseat them or, if more than 1, try taking 1 out and see if it boots then.

Ditch999 17:56 06 Sep 08

You might have accidentally cleared the CMOS and set it back to factory defaults.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:03 06 Sep 08

Can also happen if you have disturbed one of the cards in the PCI slots.

ACOLYTE 10:50 07 Sep 08

I have nearly got this fixed,i reseated all the cards/ram then i ran a repair,now it boots up ok,but my graffix driver doesnt show the advanced settings anymore,i have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and it still wont show any advanced settings not even from control panel.

skidzy 10:56 07 Sep 08

Not sure if your mobo has onboard graphics,but if so...check the bios has not defaulted to onboard graphics.
Just an idea :-)

ACOLYTE 21:05 11 Sep 08

Just an updade,i have managed to get the advanced options in the control panel,but they still dont show up from the desktop/properties menu.
Also some of my games now dont see the graffix card and i cant set screen sizes,some dont even start up.
I have tried reinstalling and even sytem restore and the outcome is the same.
My pc doesnt have onboard graffix,nice idea tho if only it was that simple =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…