PC DVD to TV

cthooli 19:22 28 Apr 03

Just seen a kit that contains an S-Video lead and audio cables, that then go into a scart adapter and then into the back of a TV (via the scart plug). Is the quality produced on normal TV the same as from a dedicated DVD player would produce. At the moment, some times the DVD player on my laptop skips when the shot displayed is of a very detailed image. Would this also happen on the TV or is it just the moniter that cant handle it? Have got the latest drivers for DVD player installed.

hugh-265156 20:09 28 Apr 03

the quality will not be as good as if viewed on the monitor as on a tv the resolution is a lot lower.it should however be comparable to a normal dvd player.processor graphics card and quality of connectors all count though.using a scart adapter only enables the composite signal to be passed through the scart lead and does not convert it to rgb or svideo.if you can use a 4 pin svideo to 4 pin svideo lead you will get a better picture.some graphics cards have a strange little seven pin output meaning you cant use a proper svideo lead.

DieSse 21:46 28 Apr 03

"some times the DVD player on my laptop skips when the shot displayed is of a very detailed image. Would this also happen on the TV"

Yes it would - it's not due to the monitor, but overall graphics processing power (which could be graphics card not fast enough, not enough graphics memory, or main processor not fast enough - or any combination thereof.)

DieSse 21:46 28 Apr 03

"some times the DVD player on my laptop skips when the shot displayed is of a very detailed image. Would this also happen on the TV"

Yes it would - it's not due to the monitor, but overall graphics processing power (which could be graphics card not fast enough, not enough graphics memory, or main processor not fast enough - or any combination thereof.)

PA28 22:18 28 Apr 03

The stereo's very impressive on your system!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…