pc DVD

hypnobiz3 14:46 11 Aug 07

hiya, i wondered if anyone could tell me, I have just bought a new pc, i have looked on c drive in properties and looved in device manager but i cannot find out what type of dvd recordable and or re writable i should use on my pc, as in ,are they wr- or wr+ i assume pc is the same as a dvd recorder plugged in to a TV and that i need to use a certain type on my pc.... does any of this make sense,
thanks for any help,
hypnobiz

Smiler 15:00 11 Aug 07

What pc is it and what dvd/cd writer is it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 11 Aug 07

The majority of reasonably new DVD RW drives will write to both + and _ discs.

eedcam 17:46 11 Aug 07

Download this freebie click here go to Tools >drive>capabilities you will see allthe types you can use ticked .No you cannot tick them your self .Make sure you use the ones your dvd recorder can play although if you burn with Imgburn it wont matter for example neither my player or recorder can use +R but they can when burned with imgburn

hypnobiz3 12:46 12 Aug 07

hey, thanks for your quick replies and i'll have another look and i am sure i'll get it sorted, here is another question for you, as you all know now i have a new pc, everything basically has been fine but i got up yesterday morining (sat) and switched it on and it tried booting up but failed after a couple of seconds.... if i then left the pc as is, it would periodically try to boot up and not be able to, i switched the pc off via the swithc on the back of the pc and during the day every few hours tried swithcing it on again and the same thing happened, i tried swithcing it on just the once this morning (sun) and it booted up fine.... when it was failing i tried it in different sockets in the house and with everything but the pc unplugged and it kept failing.... any idea oh wise ones? and thanks again,
Hypnobiz

Smiler 17:05 12 Aug 07

New PC, under warranty, take it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…