PC Downstairs, monitor upstairs.

kidda123 12:13 03 Feb 09

Hi All,

I have just bulit a HTPC to watch HD/Blu ray films on my 42' screen in my living room. So far so good.

What I have realised is that the 42' screen is just to big to do normal surfing on the PC. What I would like to do is leave the HTPC in the living room but use it upstairs on a smaller monitor for Surfing etc.

I have realsied that due to distance I will need a bluetooth keyboard to control the PC but what about the image signal. Is there a wireless way to get it upstairs as I don't want to run long cables and drill holes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kidda123.

oldbeefer2 12:28 03 Feb 09

I'd be tempted to just buy a second-hand laptop!

kidda123 12:35 03 Feb 09

I know what you are saying but I have spent a fair few quid on the HTPC in the hope of making it usable for films and general surfing for the family. I have a xbox 360 upstairs can that be linked to my PC in anyway to view the internet??

Will video / PC senders work OK?

Cheers

DieSse 15:19 03 Feb 09

This click here if you can find one in the UK.

Or here perhaps click here

Or here click here

A video sender would work to a TV/monitor upstairs - but lower quality than you would normally want to a monitor.

DieSse 15:22 03 Feb 09

Another one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…