pc dont reboot

rainwarrior 17:26 06 Jul 06

Hi, my graphics card just burnt out, and after tryin to swap my moby over to a spare that has buit in graphics, i managed to buy a new graphics card. i built the pc up with my proper mainboard and now when i have to reboot after updating , i end up with a blank screen, same if i hit reset button, however if i hit the power button, and leave for a few seconds itll boot up no probs, im running a p4 2.6, abit is-7 moby, gforce 6600le graphics card, i have tried pulling all the wires out and re wiring the mainboard but that had no offect at all, any help would be appreciated thanx

User-312386 18:35 06 Jul 06

sound slike one of the wires to the MOBO is the wrong way round

rainwarrior 18:57 06 Jul 06

i just pulled the pc apart for the umpteenth time, i went through the wiring with the mobo manual in hand, i changed a couple of things that i thought looked wrong, but no avail, as i reboot, i get the optical drive lights on the hd power lights on, all normal then it just hangs in that position, and dosnt fire up.

User-312386 19:23 06 Jul 06

any POST beeps?

rainwarrior 19:35 06 Jul 06

nope it hangs just b4 the beep and startup sequence.

User-312386 23:03 06 Jul 06

sounds like reset wire wrong way round

woodchip 23:11 06 Jul 06

It sounds like a Faulty PSU. That may have been the problem before you did the update

rainwarrior 11:38 07 Jul 06

i swapped the rested round no use, i dont suppose there is anyway of checkin the psu, i cant really afford to go out and buy one for no reason.

woodchip 14:20 07 Jul 06

Only with a fresh known working one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…