PC doesnt recognise PSP

superhoops 19:15 12 Sep 06

I have just got a PSP and am wanting to transfer some music files to it from my laptop.
However when I plug the PSP into the laptop using usb, the laptop doesnt recognise it and nothing happens. Any ideas?

SLAYER 19:21 12 Sep 06

I've had a quick look around,this may help.

The first step is to make sure that you have a Memory Stick Duo in your PSP and, if necessary, format the Memory Stick with the PSP itself (go to Home, then Settings, then scroll down to System Settings and use the 'X' button to select this option, then scroll down to Format Memory Stick and select the option). You'll only have to do that once.

Next, take the USB cable and hook one end into the PSP on the top middle edge and the other end into your PC.

Now, using the Settings menu, choose USB Connect and your PC should shortly see your PSP as a removable drive.

The very first time I did this on my Windows XP system, the OS installed some new drivers, then promptly told me it had to reboot for the device to be mounted on the system:

SLAYER 19:24 12 Sep 06

Also more info here.

click here

superhoops 19:43 12 Sep 06

Great stuff, thanks a lot, I didnt realise you had to enable usb on the psp. The manual leaves a lot to be desired! Cheers pal..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…