PC does not keep display settings

Nightmanager 23:34 14 Apr 04

I have a computer made by Tiny, which has a graphics card in a PCI slot as opposed to being onboard graphics. The computers sees the card and says it is working properly, yet each time I input the display settings to give me a normal screen resolution, the computer says I must restart the PC for the changes to take affect, when I click yes to this, the PC shuts down, starts back up and the changes take place on start up, but as soon as the machine has finished booting up, the screen reverts back to basic colours and minimum resolution. What are the likely causes please

Nightmanager 23:36 14 Apr 04

Running Windows ME, have tried various monitors, graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 100/200, Have tried minimum and mid range resolutions, not touched any refresh rates and have tried both 256 colulrs and 16bit. Not tried to reinstall drivers yet, as the PC said everything was OK.

hugh-265156 23:55 14 Apr 04

duplicate thread click here

i would try reinstalling the drivers.download and install the latest ones from click here and try.

Giggle n' Bits 23:59 14 Apr 04

Start - Run and type in msconfig then select ok.
this will open up a window/screen with various tabs, look at the one which says general start-up.
Make sure the normal start-up is selected and NOT Selective start up.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:46 15 Apr 04

Alter the bit where you have to restart to make changes take affect,put it on apply changes without restarting see if it does it then.

Regards.

Nightmanager 01:16 15 Apr 04

Thank you, I will try your suggestions in the morning and see if the problem goes away.
Thanks to you all, once again for your time and effort on this matter

hugh-265156 01:34 15 Apr 04

i cant see how normal start up in msconfig would help unless you had manually disabled your drivers from starting in the first place.i doubt they are even listed in msconfig in win me.

ps.i use xp and they are not listed.as far as i know they wont be listed in msconfig in me either.

Nightmanager 15:32 15 Apr 04

no matter what settings I try the computer will not allow any changes without restarting the PC, when I click on apply change, the computer will not do anything without a reboot. Normal startup is selected in the msconfig. I am downloading the graphics driver form NVIDIA now to see if this will help

Stuartli 15:39 15 Apr 04

When altering the setttings have you clicked Apply before OKing in Display Properties?

In Advanced you can also choose to list all the resolutions etc that your card will support and also to make changes without a reboot (via the Adapter tab>List All Modes).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…