PC does not detect camera

JPGR 12:57 30 May 07

Hello,
I am running Windows XP on a PC with 1gb memory, 450 gb hard drive, great sound card, new power unit, etc etc - basically, a decent machine.

Whenever I plug in one of my new digital cameras (a Pentax A20) it detects it, recognises it and asks if I want to transfer the images via Windows Photo and Image Scanner Wizard (sic). I click OK, but then nothing happens.

Whenever I plug in our other new digital camera (a Samsung NV5) nothing happens at all - the machine doesn't even detect it is there.

This is not a problem I have experienced with other plug 'n' play devices (printer, MP3 players, flash devices etc).

It's definitely a problem with the PC because when I try the same on my laptop, everything works perfectly (i.e. the laptop detects both cameras immediately and perfectly)

Any ideas please? Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 30 May 07

Refresh USB Ports
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

FreeCell 17:59 30 May 07

click here

Try this utility to check your USB devices and history. Remove any that you no longer use.

eedcam 18:54 30 May 07

Get acard reader better way to do it and they are cheapnowadys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…