PC Doctor file corrupted.

loco248 18:31 16 Apr 07

A few weeks ago on your reccomendation I downloaded "PC Doctor" security system.Worked just fine until last week, now on booting up I get the PCDoctor window displayed on screen but FROZEN! I have tried to uninstall the system but I am told the file is corrupted and I cannot uninstall it! What can I do please??
DCS loco!

moorie- 19:14 16 Apr 07

are you using add remove programs or the pc tools software uninstaller?

also try uninstalling in safe mode
failing that
try a scan with superantispyware
click here
download the free pro trial version
see if it picks up anything,then post back the guys on here have a load of advice,where to go next ie malaware forums/other tests etc

birdface 11:01 17 Apr 07

If you have it on quick start click on the icon and press the option to stop it running,Then try and delete it in add remove,While in add remove see if there is an option to repair it,Or install it again and see if it corrects the corrupt file.

riiverstock 13:00 17 Apr 07

loco248, first of all I wouldn't use PC Quack;it is rubbish in my opinion.

The first thing to do is stop it from running at boot-up.
Get into Safe Mode then -
START->RUN->Type in the word MSCONFIG.
now choose Start-Up Tab.Untick PC Doctor.Restart pc.
This will stop it from default starting up.

Then try and delete PC Doctor folder from within C:\Program Files.

In the end you may need to Regedit!

birdface 10:41 18 Apr 07

Lets see if this works,click here Hi download that,If Pc Doctor comes up in the list delete it and leave the rest,That should get rid of it.

DougV 00:31 25 Jul 07

I came across this posting and wanted to provide info that I hope will be helpful. There often is a lot of confusion between PC-Doctor Inc., the company that makes diagnostic software used by the big computer manufacturers to test hardware, and other companies that play off the name and claim to repair registries, speed up pcs, scan pc health, etc. Be VERY wary of these. We routinely receive requests from end users about this type of malware. We fight to keep them out of business where we can if they infringe our trademarks, but they're a bit like zombies ... they just keep coming. If you see PC-Doctor on your computer, though, don't assume it's the same thing ... check with the manufacturer. If they say they install PC-Doctor, then it's a very different thing then what's being talked about in these posts. Thanks. DougV, PC-Doctor Inc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced