PC Doctor CD?

Ticketyboo 06:27 25 Aug 03

I have seen an ad on ebay for a "PC Doctor CD computer solutions ver 7.0" Does anybody know if it is as good as it say's it is for £9.99? Can it be?

-pops- 08:02 25 Aug 03

I have a rule of never installing anything unless I really need it and even then, I think about it for a day or so after which I often decide I don't need it.

Do you need this software?

It seems (I may be wrong) that you aren't fully sure what it does. That would be a good enough reason for me to ignore.

The software itself can be termed scareware. It will give you huge amounts of information, most of which you don't need to know and it may even offer advice on how to rectify all the things that it's found "wrong" with your machine. Some people, after carrying out these instructions end up with a dead machine whereas before it was working OK.

If your machine is working the way you want it to, that's the way it should be. If it isn't working the way you want, it would be far better, and cheaper, to come here for advice rather than rely on anything that program tells you.

ZILLIONS upon zillions of computers work perfectly OK without the "benefits" of this software. Your will as well.

Ticketyboo 08:07 25 Aug 03

Thanks -pops-.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…