PC and digital camera combi

Lord Isleworth 11:20 23 Nov 04

Hello, I am in the process of upgrading my pc, my 5 year old Dell has given no trouble but the old girl is past her best.
My wifes parents live in Belfast and we are expecting a child in feb so what I would like to do is be able to burn video footage of said baby onto dvd and send over to them. I would like some help on minimum spec for pc to do this. Also looking on ebay for a second hand camcorder dv - is this ok?? any help appreciated.

Stuartli 11:43 23 Nov 04

As you most likely have a monitor why not consider a barebones systems such as the Packard Bell Pentium4 2.8MHz example for £399 including VAT and a year's onsite warranty at BigPockets?

click here

There's the alternative of an AMD 3MHz version at £10 less:

click here

john-232317 11:44 23 Nov 04

Try here

click here

Try to buy new, they are cheap now... ;-))

john-232317 11:45 23 Nov 04

Try here for minimum specs.

click here

Try to buy new, they are cheap now... ;-))

Stuartli 11:48 23 Nov 04

There are similar bargains at Morgan Computers:

click here

If you can't find a suitable camcorder, you can use most digital cameras to record movies (some include sound); again Morgan sells such products, although some are factory refurbished.

The price savings should help offset this although, to be fair, many new 3MP plus digital cameras with 3x optical zoom from top brands are now available for around £100.

Lord Isleworth 11:49 23 Nov 04

Thanks for the links and help

Salinger 11:58 23 Nov 04

The Konica Minolta Z2 will make excellent videos in 600x800 format. Files are downloaded as QuickTime, so hassle free, just drag and drop onto CD or DVD. Quite the simplest method. Videos are captured on SD cards and are limited only by the size of the card.

Stuartli 12:08 23 Nov 04

Further to Salinger's posting, Windows MovieMaker 2 is free from the Microsoft website (or SP2) and can be used to edit such video footage if you wish.

Stuartli 12:11 23 Nov 04

Further to Salinger's posting, Windows MovieMaker 2 is free from the Microsoft website (or SP2) and can be used to edit such video footage if you wish.

Stuartli 16:00 23 Nov 04

Just another point - a safer bet for a secondhand camcorder (or digital camera) would be Jessops, which carries extensive stocks - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5