pc diagnostics

I am considering buying the universal diagnostic toolkit from Micro2000. Does anyone have any feedback on the product, or is there any other diagnostic card / software that anyone can recommend

VoG II 21:38 10 Oct 03

Do you actually have a problem or are you looking to find one. I can't comment on this particular product as I have not used it. However, a lot of this software is "scareware" - i.e. detects "problems" that have no noticeable effect on performance.

For a free check-up click here and ignore any messages about hard disk caching.

I have loads of people dumping their systems on me with hardware / software problems to sort out. I get 2/3 pc's a week. My knowledge is reasonable, but it would be great to have a RELIABLE tool to help me out

JIM 22:09 10 Oct 03

Have taken a quick look at the product,and see that you could try a demo for a time.It also seem more a company marketed package.

Could find no price?

What i could not fathom is how,this could work. ( Dead pc.)

The Post-Probe PCI is a passive POST reader. UsPOST-Probe is the Universal POST reader card designed to quickly and easily troubleshoot a dead PC in a matter of minutes in 3 easy steps:

Insert the POST-Probe into a PCI or ISA slot
Power the system on. After a few moments, POST-Probe will display a 2 digit error code
Simply look the code up in the documentation under the correct BIOS and you'll know why your system isn't booting!

I would recommend you have a look at System Mechanic a full working program for 30 days,

click here

hugh-265156 22:18 10 Oct 03

for info on hardware click here

hard drive click here (should work ok with other manufacturers models)

memory click here

registry jv16 powertools click here

most of the other stuff i have tried is rubbish.

hugh-265156 22:33 10 Oct 03

if the computers ok then:

user test click here :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…