PC desktop clock runs 1 hour slow?

albu 17:24 31 Dec 11

Hello

My clock in the system tray has started to run 1 hr slow. I correct it to the right time, boot up again next day or later on that day and it's exactly 1 hour slow.

The PC is just over 3 years old. Could it be the CMOS battery needing renewed?

Is there a piece of software that could check the battery for me?

I have tune up utilities 2011 but this doesn't show the battery state. And Sisandra causes my pc to crash.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice given.

KRONOS the First 17:27 31 Dec 11

I think you have answered your own question.The CMOS needs replacing. And no there is no bit of software that will tell you the state of the CMOS battery.

Peter 18:43 31 Dec 11

albu,

It could be a CMOS battery problem, but it is a bit strange that it is exactly 1 hour out. Perhaps the clock is set to the wrong time zone and not GMT or is set to 1 hour behind GMT somehow? I would check your International settings if I were you.

Peter.

Peter 18:53 31 Dec 11

albu,

Or maybe your computer clock is set up for Summer time, not GMT (Winter)?

Peter.

Sea Urchin 21:45 31 Dec 11

As Peter says probably the settings. Double click the clock and check (and adjust if necessary) the Time Zone. Also check the box for "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…