PC Dead

cherria 09:47 27 Jun 05

I tried to turn on my desktop PC yesterday and it was dead. It had been playing up for a while, and I thought it was the power supply to I've changed that recently, but I'm guessing its the mother board.

There is power coming through to the USB peripherals, I have tested the power spitch and that works, I've even manualy simulated the power switch by shorting the 2 power pins on the mother board, but nothing will stir it into life.

I've ordered a new mother board, but wondered if anybody had any ideas if it could be anything else.

In summary, it worked Saturday, turned it of Saturday night, Sunday night, tried to turn on, dead as a dodo, no beeps, the CPU fan doesn't even start up.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:58 27 Jun 05

If nothing powers up then probably PSU

easier ti try another PSU but here is a method for PSU TEST
click here

cherria 11:27 27 Jun 05

Interesting, I didn't consider the PSU as its pretty new so I thought it would be the mobo, but do you think if it were the mobo, the PSU would normally power up?

Aspman 11:55 27 Jun 05

Tried changing the fuse in the plug?

cherria 13:40 27 Jun 05

Nope, because there is definately some juice coming through the PSU.

If I turn it on, then off, after a couple of seconds the CPU fan fires and spins for a fraction of a second before stopping, so I'm sure its not th efuse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…