PC cutting out & making beeping sound

NOVICE ENABLED 14:49 10 May 06

Sometime I can start up OK, other it won't start at all & just get this continuous beeping noise. Other times it just cuts out during start up and starts beeping at me. Could be related to a display problem I'm having with colour flickering on and off on the monitor. One minute it's green, then blue, red, black before going back to normal colour. Nothing reported in device manager as not working properly.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Totally-braindead 14:57 10 May 06

The beeping is beep codes to tell you whats wrong click here it depends on the make of your BIOS it will tell you when it starts up AWARD BIOS or AMI BIOS or whatever. Find out which you have, listen for the beeps and check them against the list.

NOVICE ENABLED 19:03 10 May 06

Seems it's Award BIOS. I just get continuous long beeps, although it hasn't happened for a few hours now. The link you provided suggests it could be a RAM problem. Is there any other way to check?

Totally-braindead 19:04 10 May 06

Memtest 86 click here

Totally-braindead 19:06 10 May 06

If you do need or want new memory goto Crucial click here and make sure you get the right type. If unsure what board you have run "scan my system"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…