PC cuts out at startup - Intermittent.

Tom Steele 09:25 10 Apr 07

Hi all,

I am having an intermittent PC problem. When I switch on the power at the mains, and then press the start button on the PC, you can hear the fan start, for about 2 seconds, and then cut out. The power light on the PC flashes slowly. I must then switch of power at the main switch for a few seconds, and start again. After several attempts, the PC then starts normally,and ther is no further problem until I next switch off power at the main switch.

Has any body out there experienced this problem and know what I can do to cure it.

birdface 09:41 10 Apr 07

Hi,I dont suppose that you can leave the switch on at the mains and see if that makes any difference,Or check the air vents at the back of computer to make sure they are are clear of fluff or dust,It could be your PSU that is on its way out,But I will leave it to the experts to advise you,

Taff™ 09:55 10 Apr 07

It could be as simple as the CPU fan either sticking or failing. Unplug the computer and remove a side panel to check that the fan and the heatsink are free of dust and debris. Also check that the PSU fan is similarly free of dust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now