pc crashing when virus scanning

casper69 12:17 12 Nov 05

I have mcafee internet security suite version 7.0
and every time i do a system virus scan my whole pc crashes and restarts
any ideas?

thanks

Chegs ® 12:25 12 Nov 05

Dump Mcafee ;-)

If you could post the specs of your PC it might be simply that Mcafee is taking to much resources off the operation of windows,resulting in its crash.

VoG II 12:27 12 Nov 05

Windows XP? Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

The next time it crashes you should be presented with an error message on a blue screen. Post the message here.

keewaa 12:41 12 Nov 05

Can you restart in safe mode and scan from there ?

Chegs ® 12:05 14 Nov 05

? Any luck ?

casper69 13:28 14 Nov 05

I tried what VoG said and it work but my computer has been acting funny abit but i think it is due to mcafee as a trojan virus didnt get picked up on that untill i done a adaware search.
which virus protection software should i get Chegs? ive been told mcafee and norton are the best any ideas

Chegs ® 13:38 14 Nov 05

AVG is free,and hasn't ever given me any troubles.There are several other free anti-virus apps around.click here

Chegs ® 13:39 14 Nov 05

click here

Check your PC with this free online checker,it will tell you whether you've anything untoward on your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…