PC Crashing when installing anything!

babybell 15:06 08 Aug 04

Ever since i can remember my Daewoo PC which was new at the time keeps crashing when ever i try to install anything. For example I tried installing Dance Ejay 6 only yesterday and it crashed 7 times before i gave up and then it was only reaching about 60 odd percent. I have noticed that fanning my pc or having it near the open window with cold air helps? Is this just a coincidence or is this the problem? Over heating.
Any advice would be brilliant. cheers

helpimanoobie 15:18 08 Aug 04

If you do I would suggest first checking to see that it is running when powered up if it is then power down and give it A clean with A dry cotton bud or two(dust gathered on A fan can negate its effect A bit and as A consequence the hard drive can start to run very hot and this will sometimes cause your system to reboot itself).
If you don't have A fan near your hard drive I would suggest you get one :)

BurrWalnut 15:20 08 Aug 04

If you think it's an overheating problem, go to click here and get the free version of Everest and post the temperatures back here.

BurrWalnut 15:20 08 Aug 04

If you think it's an overheating problem, go to click here and get the free version of Everest and post the temperatures back here, if you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…