PC crashing when activating wireless card

gtuck 09:29 31 Jan 07

I have a Philips Freeline PC and Windows XP Home Edition with a Ralink RT2500 wireless network card. When I activate the card and try to access my wireless network my PC crashes. It crashes at the point when it asks for the code for the network.

A similar problem occurs when I try to set up an external wireless adaptor (inventel ur054g). In this case I get connected using wireless, but when I reboot the PC, the PC crashesd as soon as I log in. To stop crashing I haved to unplug the Inventel adaptor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

gtuck 18:06 31 Jan 07

I have a Philips Freeline PC and Windows XP Home Edition with a Ralink RT2500 wireless network card. When I activate the card and try to access my wireless network my PC crashes. It crashes at the point when it asks for the code for the network.

A similar problem occurs when I try to set up an external wireless adaptor (inventel ur054g). In this case I get connected using wireless, but when I reboot the PC, the PC crashesd as soon as I log in. To stop crashing I haved to unplug the Inventel adaptor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

jimv7 18:35 31 Jan 07

Have you tried new drivers click here

gtuck 07:17 01 Feb 07

Thanks jimv7,
the internal wireless card is now working.

I had updated the drivers using the automatic check for updates in device manager, but it didn't give the latest update you provided.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…