pc crashing on internet

flyingbrit 15:09 13 Sep 05

i have aol broadband 1 meg connect it seems of late my pc is crashing especialy playing world of warcraft. the error log on pc has loads of reports...W32Time Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)..Service Control Manager. The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine... Service Control Manager The Application Management service terminated with the following error: The specified module could not be found... im at a loss can anyone shed light?

Yoda Knight 19:58 13 Sep 05

The Windows Time service (W32Time) is designed to maintain date and time synchronization for computers running Windows 2000XP/2003. The primary use for such time synchronization is to ensure the security of Kerberos authentication within an Active Directory environment.

Disable it from the Management console

flyingbrit 22:28 13 Sep 05

thanks for that yoda
but that wouldn't crash my pc would it? however those two faults arn't the only ones,there's loads more!lol, i have got one that says something about an external device fault... i've been looking round the forums and come to the conclusion that it's the bt voyager 105 modem from aol that's drawing too much power thru' usb port and crashing pc. does this sound feasable? btw.... i'm running an athlon 2.6+ prossesor with sparkle 6600gt gpu, sb live sound card, 1024mb ddr ram gigabite mobo, running xp home sp2.
cheers

flyingbrit 23:06 15 Sep 05

yoda
thanks for your help, after all the messing about with new drivers, old drivers reinstalled, new sound card,new modem from aol,the problem seems to have been with the damn ram.got 2 sticks of 512 in,took 1 stick out still crashed, swapped them around hay presto!!! no more crashing(so far anyway) disabled time sync anyway can't see point in it!
thanks again brit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…