PC crashing during gaming

jibberjayz 17:20 05 Apr 15

Hello, My PC has been running fine for a few months now and I've played through a few games (Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Bioshock Infinite) on pretty much maxed-out settings with no problem. Over the past few weeks I've been having trouble when playing Dying Light and Ori and the Blind Forest which will crash after 10-60 minutes of playing. I thought the problem was the graphics card so returned my Palit (PNY) GTX 970 to Amazon and bought an Asus Strix GTX 970 and reinstalled Windows 8.1 for good measure but am still having the same problem and am also experiencing it on The Witcher 2. The signal to the display will just shut off but the computer will seem to run as normal (LEDs still on etc).

All components were brand new when I built the PC. Here's my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3

i5-4690k with Zalman cooler

Asus Strix GTX 970

Corsair Vengeance RAM 2x4GB

Sandisk SSD and WD HD

Corsair CX 600W Semi-modular power supply

I'd really appreciate any help, feeling kinda down that I've spent almost £1000 on this and can't find the solution to the problem.

mrwoowoo 19:05 05 Apr 15

Perhaps a CPU temperature problem. Try downloading real temp real temp download

Use it to make sure you don't have an overheating issue somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…