PC crashes when on online with Bband & Phone rings

Giggle n' Bits 00:42 05 Mar 04

heard this one earlier in the pub. No its not a joke.

This guy using FS broadband, when online and if the house phone rings the computer crashes. I told him to make sure there are some of them Micro-filters on his sockets.

Has anyone else heard of this problem.

Seems like another BT Glitch, its not connected to my older post.

when my phone rings i get signed out of msn messenger , happens every time it ring , no joke it winds me right up.

i got filters plugged in the lot.

but i still keep a connection to the net , don't know why msn and not connection.

Giggle n' Bits 09:43 05 Mar 04

But this crashes the computer when online with B.Band and when the phone rings. Is it a computer fault or BT Line fault ?

Unplug the 56K modem.

Jakey boy 09:57 05 Mar 04

If the BB modem line is not plugged into the filter properly, then the computer will disconnect from the net, but I've never heard of it crashing! Make sure there are filters plugged in to the wall sockets where a)the telephoneis connected,and b) where the computer is connected. Any other device,(fax machine etc) MUST have a filter also. That any help?

Giggle n' Bits 11:46 05 Mar 04

Will nip round to dirty beer mans house tonight and see if any of the suggestions work.

Thanks again [email protected]@m & jakey boy !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…