PC crashes when installing webcam or skype

steveS42 02:04 14 Dec 05

I am using windows xp sp2.I installed a webcam and then the system crashed, when i restarted my pc this error message came up: --
The error was likely caused by:
Hewlett-Packard printer driver(HPZid412/HPZius12)
I went into the HP site and downloaded all the updates but it still happens. I then downloaded skype, connected my handset/headset, started a conversation and then the system crashed. The same error message comes up. Thinking it was my printer at fault I uninstalled it and tried again with the skype but still it crashed. The error message that came up said that There is a problem with the "ATWPKT2 system driver". I followed the link it gave me to fix it but it says that if I am using high speed DSL then I cant do it because I wont be able to log on to AOL again. It says something about changing the name, so now I am stumped and fed up because I cant use a webcam or skype. Has anyone got an idea what is wrong with my system. Cheers in advance.
Steve.

MichelleC 12:10 14 Dec 05

Maybe worth doing an online av scan: click here

If it's not that maybe it's an AOHell problem. Is there any yellows in Device manager?

steveS42 13:21 14 Dec 05

Cheers, but unfortunately that link doesnt work on my PC. I go to download housecall but it says that i need something to do with Java so i download the link supplied but it wont do it.
What now.?????

MichelleC 14:43 14 Dec 05

Go to Internet options/tools/advanced settings and enable java (needs restart).

steveS42 15:19 14 Dec 05

Done the online AV scan and it has come up clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5