pc crashes when exiting flight sim 2002

rafchippy 23:46 27 Aug 03

hello all,
when exiting flight sim pc crashes and then reboots soon after a message pops up saying the system has recovered from a serious fault andto send error report to microsoft.
thier online crash analysis site says the error was likely caused by:
MSI PC Alert 111(ALCXWDM.SYS) and that an update is available,but i can't find it anywhere.
if anyone could help please don't be too technical as i am a grey haired novice

Kitz E Kat 08:42 28 Aug 03

Did you go to update center? Why not use 'Windows update' and see if that sorts it out, there's a good chance it might be on the list of updates selected for your computer.
If this dont work, post back with the OS you are using ie XP or 98 etc..

Good Luck
Kitz E Kat

Terrahawk 10:26 28 Aug 03

have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card as msi mainly produce motherboards and graphics cards i suspect the latter may be your problem

Terrahawk 06:30 29 Aug 03

to find out what graphic card you have run either aida 32 or belarc advisor this will give you a lot of information about your system click here click here both are free to use

rafchippy 19:43 29 Aug 03

thanks terrahawk for belarc,
it came up with 64Mb winfast and nvidia GeForce 2 Ti.but i still don't know where to find the updates.I must be too old for this or maybe just thick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…