Pc Crashes on start up!!

UkBushman 13:29 26 Jan 11

I know there are a few listed here with the same title but I have not found the answer to my problem.
Firstly: I have a dell dimension 5100, dual core. I have recently installed a new graphics card.

My computer was working fine up until a couple of days ago, when it crashed and then would try to start itself up but crashes and then tries again.
the lights start up as if going through the boot system, but then crashes, and tries again. So you will hear the fans start up but it just dies there..
I thought it could have been the power supply not having enough juice so I changed the power supply as I had a spare. This I thought solved the problem as it started up fine, and I was able to continue working as normal, but then I shut the computer down and when I tried to restart it later it was doing the same thing...

Any Ideas?? I cant even boot from disc.

woodchip 13:35 26 Jan 11

First have you tried with the old card back in?

gengiscant 13:38 26 Jan 11

Did you change the boot order in the bios before trying to boot from disc,though it sounds more like a hardware fault.

UkBushman 13:45 26 Jan 11

I have not tried the old card yet... i will try that.. as for changing boot up sequence, I cant even get too it!!

thanks for the replies.

UkBushman 14:14 26 Jan 11

Thanks for the info guys.. I changed the card back to the original one and the problem went.. then when I put the new one back in it returned.. so it seems it is the graphics card causing the issue... thanks.. I hope this sorts it out..will be onto the supplyer now..grr time for some words...

GaT7 14:32 26 Jan 11

Could be corrupt graphics drivers as well. What graphics card is it - make & model? And have you tried older drivers? Can help with the latter if needed. G

UkBushman 15:58 26 Jan 11

Thanks crossbow for the advice... what i have done is contacted my supplier of the graphics card and they have given me a new one... so installing the graphics drivers now... this should solve the problem now.... I hope...
Should it not I will re-open this chat... for now I will close it..
Cheers every one, thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…