PC Crashed and Keep Getting Error Message

Griff. 09:20 23 May 06

Dear all,

Our family PC was shut down last night quite normally and all appeared fine. This morning, when I logged on I was met with the error message
The system has recovered from a serious error

A log of this error has been created

For more information about this error click here

When I follow the link I get

BCCode fe BCP1: 00000002 BCP 2: 82362688 BCP 3: 822CA008

BCP 4: 82376CD0 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP1_0 Product 256_1

and then for more info I get the address of where a mini-dump has been stored...

If I close the window - the system crashes again and reboots - If I ignore it then I work around the window but cannot close it.

Now I know the following:
1. The only change made last night was to move a USB cable for a printer from one port which was playing up to another which is fine.
2. The machine is on SP1 and NOT SP2 - My choice and not likely to be causing a problem...

AV & MS Updates are uptodate - barring SP2...... Any ideas anyone please?!?!?!?

Many Thanks

Griff

Griff. 23:31 26 May 06

Well despite no replies from anyone.

I have worked out that by removing the printer USB cable which I had moved from the a USB hub to a keyboard mounted port I have soleved the continual crashing BUT not the reason why it kept crashing.

For anyone who may care as to why I moved it the a USB hub - it would appear that the hub keeps dropping it power supply - mainly when I'm using the printer (which is actually a HP 1205 Multi func device)....

Griff. 23:32 26 May 06

Marked as resolved - albeit partially.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…