PC crash with nVidia MX400 and Win 2000

ukstarfish 09:14 21 Apr 03

My PC has been crashing at irregular intervals for a month or two now. In this period, Microsoft tech support have not been able to sort it out but the technician says the various files I have sent to him indicate a clash with the video card.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver from nVidia but it doesn't help.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? The screen goes black and then goes to a blue error screen.

DAICAP 12:10 21 Apr 03

I had a problem with the mx400 and windows xp. Turned out to be the 'infinite loop' problem, could be there's the same problem with 2000. To find out more go to google.com and search for 'infinite loop' you'll be suprised at how large a problem this is.
Some of the sites detail possible fixes, but I ended up buyind an ATI card as none worked for me.

The PC Doctor 14:15 21 Apr 03

I have been running a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 with Windows 2000 Professional for some months now and have not had any problems.

I can only suggest making sure your drivers are up-to-date and you have downloaded the latest Directx – I think we are up to 9 now.

The only other thing was, I didn’t install the NVIDIA software I only installed the drivers. May be what’s causing your problems.

The only other thing is, are you sure the software you are using is installed ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…