PC Crash

sak41 09:26 11 Sep 03

I am still having trouble with my PC. I managed to boot it with the boot up disc i made and when it askes fro the sytems cd it seems to be ok until i type in the product code. it says it is invalid, what can i do about this?

keith-236785 09:43 11 Sep 03

can you start windows at all with the boot disc?

if so you could try to run the setup from within windows, see if that makes a difference.

other than that i think its a format and start again but if its a product code problem then even that might not work and you would be totally without windows so use as a last option.

if you have already run this thread, could you link to the last one so i can see what you have already tried and the full problem.

sak41 14:44 11 Sep 03

windows does start from the boot disc, it then askes for the recovery disc, which i used, the problem is i think that this has formatted the hard drive. But i have used the recovery cd and everything seemed to be ok until it asked for the id number, which when i put in the number it said it as invalid.

hope this helps, i am not very up on computers, so applogies for my ignorance.

cheers.

sak41 14:47 11 Sep 03

how do i run set up from within windows?

raakash 17:55 11 Sep 03

I think Problem is with your ID no. put the proper no. Did you previously installed windows using same code?

sak41 10:57 12 Sep 03

i have used this code before, does that make a difference

raakash 16:40 12 Sep 03

check Your harddisk Properly wether it has not any bad sectors. Format hardisk partion on which windows is to installed using third party software like partion magic. boot your pc using windows cd and try. It may work . Best of luck!

Jester2K II 16:42 12 Sep 03

Check the code again - this can be the only thing wrong. The error message even says so... bad Sectors etc will not cause this. Just entering the wrong code...

Make sure you are not mistaking a 0 (zero) for an O (Letter O) or B for an 8 etc.

keith-236785 16:48 13 Sep 03

or V for U, that is confusing too

sak41 13:33 15 Sep 03

the cd number is corect, it just hangs on and won't boot from the recovery cd. the hard drive was formatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…