pc cover disk registration

Sethhaniel 11:55 13 May 06

what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for the email with link for activating code
from Ulead ;)

pj123 12:51 13 May 06

All programs that I have installed from the Coverdisks that need online registration I have received the registration code almost intantly.

Totally-braindead 13:03 13 May 06

I've been the same as pj123, usually instantly, if not instantly certainly within an hour.

pj123 13:48 13 May 06

I don't normally install anything from the coverdisks on my PC unless someone posts a problem. I just tried to install PhotoImpact XL and it asks for the Serial No. before the installation begins. Obviously if you don't have a number you can't install it. So I tried the link to get the number first, so far I have not had any response.

Another one for Richard to look in to I think??

GRFT 13:48 13 May 06

Same problem here; been waiting at least two hours.

Totally-braindead 13:52 13 May 06

pj123 I just posted in the Speakers Corner to someone with the same problem. My suggestion was that perhaps because its not the official release date for the magazine yet the site may not be ready. I don't know its just an idea.

Totally-braindead 13:53 13 May 06

Official date is the 18th if thats any help.

pj123 14:11 13 May 06

Just tried installing it again, having read the "Installation Details" as given in the Magazine page 164.

It cannot be installed without inputting the Serial Number first. You cannot get the Serial Number without logging on to the URL provided in the magazine. I have tried the URL twice with different email addresses and have still not received a Serial Number.

Totally-braindead, never had that problem before.

There is also a problem posted with a problem regarding eye2eye (also on the same DVD) that installed OK for me. Don't see what the Magazine release date has to do with it.

ventanas 15:15 13 May 06

I requested mine a 9.00pm last night. The response arrived at 2.00am this morming,
but have only just picked it up. I seems we have to be patient.

Don't know why I bothered though, I've got a later version than XL. May put it on the laptop.

AD ASTRA 15:34 13 May 06

another problem with codes why?

pj123 18:41 13 May 06

AD ASTRA, well one assumes that Richard the CD Editor negotiates with the publishers and gets permission to issue the programs free on the CD/DVD providing we fill in our details to get the registration code. Most of the "online registrations" take but a few minutes.

Obviously, Ulead has a different system.

Hopefully I will get 2 registration codes because I tried to install it twice and used two different email addresses.

Haven't heard anything yet, from Ulead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…