PC Cooling

funky_demon 17:19 04 Jun 05

think i have got to the root of my problem, but i need a bit of help fixing it.

My PC kept crashing, and it was suggested it was either the PSU not strong enough, or getting too hot.

I fitted a new PSU, but it crashed still.

I then had the PC working, with the side panel off, and an ordinary room fan blowing into it. All the time this is going on, it doesnt crash.

In terms of fans, i have 1 on the back, 1 on the PSU, one on the CPU

What advice can u give me to get the temperature down, without having to use it with the side panel off

Belatucadrus 17:31 04 Jun 05

Check the air flow direction on the case fans, in most cases it should be air in at the front out at the back. The case fan should have a direction arrow on it. Also make sure that the heat exchanger on the CPU is clean of dust.
It would be an idea to give people a more comprehensive listing of your system specifications, particularly hardware, that will enable some more specific recomendations.
You could also use Everest click here to see what temperatures you are running at.

funky_demon 19:29 04 Jun 05

Here is my current spec

CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+

Motherboard Asus A7V880

System Memory 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (128 MB)
Audio Adapter Creative SB0090 Audigy Platinum Sound Card

(Copied /pasted straight from everest)

This the case its housed in
click here

Belatucadrus 21:08 04 Jun 05

Seems a little odd, most overheating problems occur in badly ventilated compact cases, the Diablo 2 is neither of these, particularly with a 120mm extractor on the back. Assuming that the heat sinks are fitted correctly and that all fans are working, I'd suggest a careful read of the motherboard manual to make sure that the extra safety features like "ASUS C.O.P. (CPU Overheating Protection)" and "ASUS Q-Fan Technology" are configured correctly and working as advertised.
You could add another exhaust fan if you want, but I'm not sure that's the problem click here .

De Marcus 22:51 04 Jun 05

Install and run motherboard monitor from click here to see what temps you get, you can then compare these temps with the rated temps for your cpu and either confirm or quash your theory of overheating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…