PC continious beeping on start up

JohnS 21:59 08 Jul 04

When I connect power to the computer and turn on, it beeps continiously. Checking the web, a certain number of beeps means certain things, but no reference to contant beeping.

Nothing happens - have taken out all cards, disconnected all drives etc and even replaced the processor - still beeps.

Only the motherboard left - am I right please before I do a swap out?

Thanks

John S

gold 47 22:27 08 Jul 04

Check your ram if you have two ram memory sticks take one out and reboot if still the same repeat the process with the stick you took out.

JohnS 22:30 08 Jul 04

Thanks but done that, and tried a different stick all together.

Changed the battery too btw

JohnS 22:30 08 Jul 04

Thanks but done that, and tried a different stick all together.

Changed the battery too btw

BBez 22:31 08 Jul 04

reseat RAM (memory) and try to test with replacement chip /s if available. If more than one chip in motherboard, try with only one chip in board...

BBez 22:31 08 Jul 04

too late, too late... :~)

harps1h 22:53 08 Jul 04

is your cpu overheating?

The PC Doctor 23:32 08 Jul 04

have you tried re-setting your BIOS?

I once had a motherboard which did this and it took several bios re-sets before it would boot.

New motherboard eventually sorted my problems

accord 23:45 08 Jul 04

On my Asus A7V8X mobo it states that long beeps in an endless loop means no DRAM installed or detected.

Tony 23:53 08 Jul 04

Check your cpu fan plug where it fitts on motherboard as I had this problem on an Elite K7va board where the pin that tells the biose that the fan is working had come or never been soldered on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…