Is pc Compatible for pc graphics card

monkeyboy2k 00:35 31 Aug 05

I currently have a Medion pc with onboard graphics intel extreme 82845 g/gl/ge/pe/gv. Which fine for playing certain games but i'm having trouble playing games that require high end graphics. The only problem is i have no AGP slot so i wish to purchase a PCI card instead but somebody told me my PC might not be compatible with PCI express please help me and possibly recommend some cards that i can buy, i have listed my motherboard if that is any help
VC37 series first international computer

Strawballs 00:39 31 Aug 05

how old

monkeyboy2k 00:43 31 Aug 05

approx 1 year why you ask

Strawballs 00:47 31 Aug 05

pci express hasn't been out long but only 1 year then if it has no AGP then I will be surprised if it is not PCI express . what make and model machine

monkeyboy2k 00:57 31 Aug 05

Medion intel celron 330 with 2.66 chip unfortunatly thats all i know at the moment

Strawballs 00:59 31 Aug 05

click here If this is what you have then I don't know what a low profile PCI slot is.

DieSse 01:03 31 Aug 05

An 845 chipset is not a PCIe chipset.

There are a number of PCI cards that you could use, however, which would be an improvement on the 845 graphics.

Examples click here the same site has Ati based cards too.

DieSse 01:04 31 Aug 05

An 845 chipset is not a PCIe chipset.

There are a number of PCI cards that you could use, however, which would be an improvement on the 845 graphics.

Examples click here the same site has Ati based cards too.

Strawballs 01:06 31 Aug 05

click here Ignore the last posting is it any of these

monkeyboy2k 01:13 31 Aug 05

medion mt6 although i can't find any pics of it anywhere sorry

DieSse 01:15 31 Aug 05

The intel 845 chipset is not for PCIe. The "low profile PCI slots" in your first link, are exactly that - there weren't many of them and cards are hard to come by. They're a standard PCI slot but with limited height cards and shorter metal backplates, especially for thin cases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…