PC comes up with Error.

prince midas 10:20 01 May 07

In the last few days I have been receiving error messages such as Please insert System disk etc when booting up.The machine just sits & asks me to insert CD.
Another problem it comes up with is invalid system.
I find thar restarting the system usually works but if not I insert a Ghost boot disk & this usually works.
Today when it booted up it made what I would call a mechanical crackling noise & then it cam up with a message telling me do i want to go back to a previous configuration that worked or do you just want to restart which I used & it then booted up. What is this cracking noise etc.

Diemmess 10:46 01 May 07

Are your speakers switched on? In fact where do you think the noise is coming from?

This could be the last warning before some hardware goes home. A good time to use Ghost for a backup.

Does the Ghost disk allow a faultless start every time?

More questions I know, but answers may help find what's wrong

prince midas 11:18 01 May 07

The cracking noise on reflection is a clicking noise in the machine as it is trying to boot up.
It makes this clicking noise when it is struggling to boot up.
No I have no speakers.
Normally on a second reboot it will start up.
I have only had to use the Ghost boot disk to fire up the PC.

prince midas 11:21 01 May 07

The cracking noise on reflection is a clicking noise in the machine as it is trying to boot up.
It makes this clicking noise when it is struggling to boot up.
No I have no speakers.
Normally on a second reboot it will start up.
I have only had to use the Ghost boot disk to fire up the PC.

cowboy62 11:25 01 May 07

this could be a good time to make sure everything is backed up on ur system i dont know what ur clicking noise is but this happened to me about a year ago and my hard drive whent down not long afterwards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…