PC clock gaining

Charlitax 08:30 01 Apr 05

Can anyone tell me why my PC clock gains time. I am running XP pro. The CPU is an AMD athlon 3000xp

PsiFox 10:26 01 Apr 05

Internal pc clocks are not that accurate. With XP however you can set it to link to an internet time server

Double Left Click on your Windows Time
Click on the Internet Time Tab
Click on the small box to the left of "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" to put a check mark there.
Select one of the time servers in the server box then click on "Update Now" and wait until you see the message that the time has been successfully synchronized with the server.
Click on Ok at the bottom of the box

PsiFox

Charlitax 12:30 01 Apr 05

Thanks for that and that is already done. I am familier with the internals of a PC and am really looking for a more permanent solution to the problem

Blazon82 13:57 01 Apr 05

Try DS Clock from click here
It is a free program, and the display which you can customise how you want, is better that the small clock on the bottom toolbar.
You can also have chimes with it if you wish.
It also has a much larger list of time servers to connect to.
My clock keeps perfect time.

DieSse 15:06 01 Apr 05

An on-line time adjuster is really the only solution. The clock is kept by the battery and motherboard when the system is switched off - and by the Windows software itself when the system is switched on.

You can see the problem here in finding another solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…