PC Clock does not keep time

amyjen7 09:44 AM 06 Nov 12

I have for some time now found my computer clock and date (the date as only been wrong on a couple of occasions) failing to show the correct time, despite correcting in on a number of times. Following a recent article I opened the “change date and time box” went to “internet Time” then “Changed settings”. The synchronized button was ticked; I changed the internet Server from “time.nist.gov” to “time.windows.com”. Everything was ok for about a week then the clock was wrong again. When I pressed the Update button I received a message “Error occurred while Windows was synchronizing “. I would very much appreciate any advice as to what is possibly going wrong and how I can best address it and could it be the battery failing inside the PC which is 6 yr old. I run Vista Home Premium have the most recent Windows Explorer and my service provider is TalkTalk. Thank you very much

Nontek 12:29 PM 06 Nov 12

Yes, you definitely need a new CMOS battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…