PC Clock does not keep time

amyjen7 06 Nov 12

I have for some time now found my computer clock and date (the date as only been wrong on a couple of occasions) failing to show the correct time, despite correcting in on a number of times. Following a recent article I opened the “change date and time box” went to “internet Time” then “Changed settings”. The synchronized button was ticked; I changed the internet Server from “time.nist.gov” to “time.windows.com”. Everything was ok for about a week then the clock was wrong again. When I pressed the Update button I received a message “Error occurred while Windows was synchronizing “. I would very much appreciate any advice as to what is possibly going wrong and how I can best address it and could it be the battery failing inside the PC which is 6 yr old. I run Vista Home Premium have the most recent Windows Explorer and my service provider is TalkTalk. Thank you very much

Nontek 06 Nov 12

Yes, you definitely need a new CMOS battery.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message