PC Clock Auto Sync

swanson2 18:13 11 Nov 05

I have been using "Atomic Clock" for some time to auto update my PC clock.

I have just found out via Microsoft Anti Spyware that "Atomic Clock" attaches adware to my PC so I have now removed it.

Does anyone have an address for a clock synchcronisation utility that does not rely on adware?

Bob S

PaulB2005 18:14 11 Nov 05

If you have MS AS installed then i guess you use XP. In fact case it's built into XP. Double click the clock at the bottom right and select Internet Time.

ACOLYTE 18:15 11 Nov 05

Why not use XP's own right click the clock celect adjust date/time select internet time and select update now.

VoG II 18:16 11 Nov 05

As above and change the time interval click here

If you are using XP you don't need anything double click the clock and go to the internet time tab and make sure the automatically synchronise with the internet box is ticked. That will check it once a week as long as you are online. Or you can click the update now button and it does it there and then.

smokingbeagle 19:41 11 Nov 05

click here
I've used it for years. No spyware / adware.

swanson2 10:56 12 Nov 05

Thanks for that everyone,

After all the time I spend on my PC I should have known that XP could supply a simple solution!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…