PC clean-up

Enoch 06:42 16 Oct 06

I am doing a cleanup of my PC laptop (XPhome). I have currently uninstalled non-used programmes and links and have reduced my "All Programs" by over 10%. However I have found uninstalled links still in my "Program Files".

My question is that if the programme has been deleted is there any reason that I cannot delete the links after?

Secondly, is there any programme around that will do a more complete uninstall than ->All Programs->Control Panel->Add and Remove.

MichelleC 08:23 16 Oct 06

You can delete any residue files left over from an uninstall. Windows Intaller Cleanup Utility is good click here;en-us;290301 Plus the only Norton's prog I recommend is NSW which does a very thorough uninstall process.

MichelleC 08:25 16 Oct 06

Some M$ links have to be shortened; try this one click here

rawprawn 08:56 16 Oct 06

Also if you hurry, you can get the full version of Registry Mechanic free, it is excellent at cleaning up.
click here
The offer ends today. Read the page carefully and scroll to the link you need to get the registration code.

Enoch 09:04 16 Oct 06

MichelleC----thanks, I have saved the link and I am now reading it before I commence. I will come back to this string after.

rawprawn-----I will pass on that one. I am VERY nervous of touching the Registry for ANY reason having had one bad experience in the past. Nevertheless thanks for the imput

birdface 09:27 16 Oct 06

Hi Enoch,If you go into Microsoft, Look for ,windows Live One Care Free safety scan, And run that, Takes a while ,That will clear your computer out, And at the finish, It will scan your registry,And delete anything no longer in use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…