PC-Cillin and home network

the-george 22:26 04 Oct 05

I have pc-cillin 2005 installed - antivirus/firewall etc. I have 2 pcs connected peer to peer. One has a broadband Modem. With the personal firewall switched off I can access internet from the second PC but nor when it is switched on. Anybody know how to configure PC-Cillin to allow access from the other PC.

Have tried the Home network profile in the Firewall section and created a new item in the exception list by navigating to interet explorer on the drice of the second pc but this does not seem to work.

The setup worked prior to my old hard drive going belly-up and this is a fresh install on a new drive - just cannot remember what I did first time round.

AndySD 22:34 04 Oct 05
  the-george 23:23 04 Oct 05

Thanks for response. Carried all suggestions but still same. If firewall off then IExplorer and outlook express can both connect.

the-george 23:31 04 Oct 05

I notice in both the direct connection and home network profiles the network environment shows the device as being ICSHARE ADAPTER - the alternative is NDIS5 which applies to my broadband modem. Have tried to set to this but it alsways seems to revert to the ICSHARE ADAPTER

Is this relevant?

AndySD 01:26 05 Oct 05

In your network connections is there a bridge?

johnny handler 11:55 05 Oct 05

I have similar set up and had similar problems. My current situation which works is to disable pc-cillin firewall and enable Windows firewall instead. At least you can connect while you're looking into a longer term solution. Did have both enabled at one time but found that gave me problems.

johnny handler 11:56 05 Oct 05

Forgot my title - oops!

the-george 14:33 05 Oct 05

There is no bridge in the setup, just a crossover cable from one pc to another. Should have said I use ME but don't think this makes a difference as the 2 pcs woek fine together when the firewall is off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…