Pc-Cillin good price?

grumpano 12:45 27 Mar 05

My Norton 2003 is about to expire so i'm thinking of geting Pc-Cillin. Can anybody tell me a place to get this from cheap.
Ta in advance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:51 27 Mar 05

click here is free and IMHO much better, why pay?

G

grumpano 12:58 27 Mar 05

Not so sure about the free programs is it as good as Norton etc ? I have never had a virus using Norton. But i know many people who have,using other programs.

Confab 12:59 27 Mar 05

PC-Cillin offers the following apps - Anti-Phishing, Anti Virus, Spyware Detection & Removal, Home Network Control, Parental Controls, Spam Filtering, Personal Firewall, Vulnerability Assessment and Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection plus 24 free e-mail or telephone support, all for £39.95 or £19.99 for the upgrade.

I’ve used it for several years and found the product fantastic – very fast and not rescores hogging.

The best place to buy is probably from Trends website click here if you go through the purchase procedure then click the “back” button on your browser you’ll get a further 10% discount.

Confab

Confab 13:00 27 Mar 05

I think you can also try it free for 30 days. Check the website.

grumpano 13:04 27 Mar 05

I was looking at this, but it seems to good to be true.

grumpano 13:05 27 Mar 05

Sorry forgot the link.....

click here

Starfox 13:07 27 Mar 05

As Gandalf says "why pay"

I have used AVG from day one of my internet usage and it has stopped every virus to date.You won't find better.

grumpano 13:09 27 Mar 05

Ok i know its sounds stupid but if the free ones are so good why do people pay for the others ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:29 27 Mar 05

All you need is AVG (or any other free AV), Microsft Antispy, a firewall if you feel you need one (ZA or Kerio), common sense and you could have spywareblaster or Adaware as a back up. You may wish to consider apop-up blocker or use the free Avant browser which I prefer to IE.

Using these will give you more protection than any home user will ever need. People pay for programmes because the companies spend a lot on scare advertising (Symantec bleating that hackiers will get on your computer). I run a mail list of over 90 AVG users, no one has had a problem and all are delighted. If you have the three above programmes you will have no worries.

G

grumpano 13:34 27 Mar 05

Thank you Gandalf. I will use your suggestions as soon as Norton runs out. What is the best way of removing Norton fire wall and Norton Systemworks from my pc ? Would it be possible to leave Systemworks on to use the utilitys but not the anti virus?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…