PC-cillin 2000 will not update - Firefox problem?

bemuzed 19:14 18 Dec 04

Hi
I've used PC-cillin2000 for a while and have never had problems. I now find that when I try to update the virus patter I am told there is a new file (1291ks) to download. The download seems to start as a bar on the PC-cillin download monior lights up but then the bar disappera and there is no more activity. Anyone else having problems or idea about what might be wrong? Only change I have recently made was to install Firefox. Could that be a problem?

Belatucadrus 19:32 18 Dec 04

Most unlikely to be anything to do with Firefox.

bemuzed 19:33 18 Dec 04

Thanks - I wondered if anyine else was having problems. I've downloaded other stuff and no problem. Just PC-cillin

Newuser2 20:02 18 Dec 04

I may be wrong but PC Cillin 2000 is an old version and if I recall correctly when the version is out of date re support it won't download any new updates etc..
Its something to do with the scan engine.
I've just upgraded from PC cillin 2002 to 2005 and had no probs at all and I'm using Firefox and Thunderbird. In fact I can not see me every going back to IE and outlook express.

bemuzed 20:07 18 Dec 04

thankd for the news I'll look at if I ma out of date

bemuzed 22:01 19 Dec 04

PC-cillin sites say they are upgrading the 2000 version so I think that is my problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…