PC-Cillin 2000 problems

Tom123 22:41 04 Jan 03
  Tom123 22:41 04 Jan 03

Hi i had installed the full version of PC-Cillin from my Asus support CD and it was running fine a while back before my computer had some problems. i restored the system files in windows and now everything apart form PC-Cillin will work properly. I can load up the main menu page where it tells you your current virus pattern and where you can select three various buttons. But when i try to get into the MAIN menu where i wanna do a virus check or change the preferences, it say

"I/O input error. Please check Windows service appelet"

I don't know what the problem is but i can still update my virus pattern as the program seems to still run but now display the main menu. i know this is a little confusing but can anyone please help. I have already tried unistalling it but windows wont let me as errors occur, ive also tried installing over it but to no avail.

a member 22:55 04 Jan 03

I had a similar problem a long time ago and ended up removing it and reinstalling, if you want to remove pc cillin you must first stop it from running. i was using windows me at the time so i went to start, run ,msconfig then startup and unchecked the following: PCCIOMON.EXE , POP3 trap, and web trap. then reboot and remove pc cillin using add remove in control panal. then rebot and reinstall ,dont forget you will have to update all the virus pattern files again.
PS. PCCIOMON.EXE may appear twice in startup you must uncheck both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017