PC CHIPS MAINBOARD HELP INSTALING

april8371 15:52 01 Nov 03

Had a lot of trouble with my motherboard in my pc and decided to get a new one. So i ended up with this one click here
check out the link. i know its not anything special but the expense of a good one i just could not afford. The problem at hand is i have got the motherboard installed and when i switched it on it started up but nothing happened on the monitor it was like it did not access the hard drive so i dont know what to do next. I know the hard drive is working as i took it out and tried it in my sons one and it worked alright in there so i know its not the hard drive. If you have any suggestions i would appreciate it as i cant afford to take it to a pc shop and i have had help in this forum before so i thought i would give it a go and try to get some help here.

slimbo51 16:01 01 Nov 03

Much as I dislike deriding any manf the pc Chips board is one of the cheapest and worst built boards little money can buy.

It can be a right pig to set up properly having had much entertainment with them myself. ( I will not ever use them myself).

Does proc fan run on boot-up but no beeps and no display..?

If so Please post back with spec as supplied.( Proc speed and type,Hard drive size and manf,Grapic card if any, sound card if any Etc).

I installed one of these in a spare desktop for my daughter and had the same problem. Cured it by clearing the cmos then booting.

april8371 16:17 01 Nov 03

slimbo51 i have just read the pc build problem and it says there to check to see if the memory was compatable so i took it out and then put it back in and i now have it booting up. I know pc chips board is the cheapest of the cheap but i am a single parent and as its coming up to christmas i simply could not afford a expensive mobo.Thanks for the input anyway mate i appreciate it i will keep the thread open in case i encounter any more problems.

Thanks

slimbo51 16:38 01 Nov 03

Im Glad u've got it running now.

I do appreciate not everyone has unlimited funds to buy the best of everything, and please do not think I was trying to be-little u or anything.

Its nice to hear u are having a go at building one ur self.

Any more probs just post back, I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Good Luck.

Legolas 16:45 01 Nov 03

I have the same board as you april8371(two infact) and after initial problems getting it to fire up but solved by clearing the CMOS (as all pc chips boards seem to require)it has run with no problem for a few months, although they can be fussy about the memory make used.

april8371 17:18 01 Nov 03

Back again seems i have not fixed the problem it booted up then the screen went all funny so i turned it off and it would not come back on went back to the way it was before with pro fan runing on boot-up but no beeps and no display like slimbo51 said earlier to me. I did know that i had to clear cmos because the mobo comes with the cmos set at off.Here is the pc spec you know what the mobo is so the rest is 256 mb pc 133 sdram and its new as well because i was not sure my old memory from my other mobo was working ok 40gig maxtor hard drive no graphics card but when i have some spare cash i will be getting one if you have any more suggestions.

april8371 18:36 01 Nov 03

Any more suggestions guys.

a shot in the dark but try your old memory the new may have a problem

slimbo51 19:33 01 Nov 03

Ur comp prop went all funny as it was trying to do a memory check at start up.

Fraid still refer to memory incompatabilty as said before.

If u got even a limited display when monitor went" funny" (Love that term, I often use other words) shows the graphics are ok.

Also means M/Board is ok with any sort of display.

Post Back if u did see owt on monitor.

woodchip 19:52 01 Nov 03

Have you formatted the Hard Drive and reloaded windows, Plus you need the Motherboard drivers loading. It would be nice to know what OS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…