PC Chips M870 mobo...

Samuelson 14:56 18 Sep 05

I am trying to update the BIOS on my PC Chips M870 v2.0 motherboard to fix a known issue with RAM (click here for the post). I have downloaded the latest BIOS from manufacturers site plus the flash utility to do it. But when I try the flash program says that the BIOS file is "not award bios". BIOS type is Pheonix Award BIOS.

Any ideas?

Stuartli 15:28 18 Sep 05

As you may be aware, Elite Computer Systems now owns the PC Chips and Matsonic mobo brand names (it also wholly produces Acer desktop systems).

This link may be of interest (see bit about ECS 755-A2 and PC Chips M870 V2.0 being identical motherboards, except for branding and
color scheme):

click here

It states that ECS has a more recent BIOS update for this board, but whether it will be OK to use with yours I don't know.

Samuelson 16:23 18 Sep 05

Cheers mate! Got the updates BIOS for the ECS board as you said. Worked a treat. Had to reset the jumper at first as it didnt want to play, but works great now.

Dont suppose you have any ideas for the sound problem...click here.

Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…