PC case and Graphics card choices

Peter Lanky 07 Jan 13

I am considering whether to buy a pre built PC from Scan or whether to purchase individual components and build it. I can see the pros and cons in both. However whichever option I take, I will have almost unlimited choice of case and GPU. I highlight these 2 components as they are the ones I feel that I have least knowledge of.

I will be using the PC for general internet and office functions, some photographic processing using Photoshop Elements, and some undemanding games.

I've always considered a case to be a box that everything goes into, and never really considered how different ones can enhance the experience. However, I would like something reasonably quiet so am looking for recommendations as to what I should be taking into consideration. I am likely to be using a SSD drive and in the long term an absolute maximum of 2 HDD, but more likely only a single one. My CPU is likely to be a i5 3570K and appropriate MB.

As far as GPU goes, I don't want it to be all singing all dancing, but want it to be still relevant in 5 years time. As long as it can handle processing large batches of photos at once, that is the most I am likely to expect from it.

Peter Lanky 07 Jan 13

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message