PC case / child safety

kane_2001 09:06 24 Jan 05

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a plastic cover ( not dust cover ), that I can buy to stop my 18 month old son from getting to my PC buttons on the front of my machine. Yes I know I could move the PC and yes, I know I could try and stop him getting to it but its not that easy. Im looking for any type of plastic cover or "shield" to fit onto my midi tower to stop him getting at it. My CDrewriter has already had a nice revamp thanks to him as well as other bits etc. I really would appreciate any help or links to sites for info on products. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Diemmess 09:29 24 Jan 05

Some 2 yr olds do, some don't.

It was 40 yrs ago but one of my four (a girl) snipped at live lighting cable with scissors (blamed the rabbit) pushed a finger through the cone of my "woofer", and scrubbed a pickup arm across the surface of a vinyl LP.

Her siblings weren't perfect but, she was a one-off for a year or two and now has a normal family of her own.

You will just have to think ahead of your son. once he finds a barrier to the front of your box, he will treat it as a challenge,or move over and try something more awful still.

goonerbill © ® 10:19 24 Jan 05

there is nothing like what your after that i know of, have a 2 yr old girl who is inquisitive and got one of these cases.

what you can do is get a case which you can lock away the buttons (chieftec dragon DX-01BL-D-U ) from click here or look around the web for something similar but it dont stop them from looking round the back ( got mine tucked under desk so she cant get at the back of the case).

the other option could be to design something for yourself.

Diemmess 10:38 24 Jan 05

Time was when a Playpen was essential gear for a toddler. In he went, Teddy and all, leaving the rest of the room safe.

Now the answer might be the reverse of that, with a fence round you and the computer. ......... Otherwise he can crawl round the back doing all sorts of interesting things with the wires!

goonerbill © ® 10:40 24 Jan 05

God, if you put a child in a playpen these days Diemmess social services will be on ya like a ton of bricks : ))))

Graham ® 11:05 24 Jan 05

What about a fire-guard?

Graham ® 11:06 24 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…