PC card reader refuses to work.

golfpro 14:43 13 Jan 07

For some unknown reason the card readers on the front of my PC refuse to work. I have tried it with both CF and SD cards, but no go. I can read them from an outboard USB card reader, but that's beside the point, Why won't my PC card reader work now?
OS XP Home.

Dipso 16:02 13 Jan 07

You could try checking that the card reader cables are securely connected.

I occasionally have a problem with my card reader. In my case it is caused by a build up of static electricity. My PC manufacturer advises -

Shut down the PC completely and switch the small power switch at the back of the PC to the 0 position if applicable. Then (with the PC still connected to the mains) press and hold the Power Switch on the front of the PC for approximately 30 to 45 seconds. Release the front Power Switch and return the small power switch on the rear of the PC to the | position. Then switch on the PC as normal. When you switch it back on you should find the card-reader icons have returned.

terryf 16:08 13 Jan 07

Another thing that ypou could try is to right click on 'my computer>properties>hardware>device manager and right click on these devices and un-install them.Then re-boot and let windoze find them again

golfpro 16:21 13 Jan 07

The card reader Icons are there but they don't read the card when inserted.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 13 Jan 07

Look in device manager and check if any exclamation marks against the readers drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…