PC cant get on the home network

kevikev 23:32 02 Mar 08

Hi

I have a PC and a laptop at home connected to wired/wireless router. laptop wireless and PC wired. Both computers were accessing the internet but recently I was tinkering with the PC using Norton Internet Security and BAM! I knocked the PC off the internet. Not only that it cant go online, but it cant see the router at all. I removed Norton and I still cant get into the router. Dont knwo what else to do. But I know I must have knocked out some networking protocol. Oh the PC is using XP. Anyone know what should I do?

brundle 00:08 03 Mar 08

1. Right click the LAN connection, select Repair.

kevikev 00:15 03 Mar 08

right clicking the LAN coonection and selecting repair doesn't work. It said something like can't repair.

brundle 00:19 03 Mar 08

Try going through this - click here

kevikev 02:02 03 Mar 08

Thank you Brundle. the link you sent me to (windows) help me to figure out that i need to reset the router to DHCP, but now I can't get into the router, even with the default address 192.168.1.1 . My printer is connected to the router and there is no problem and the laptop is wireless using the same router. So I can't figure out why I can't get into it. But now this is a linksys question. Thank you.

tullie 06:12 03 Mar 08

Reset the router?

kevikev 06:25 03 Mar 08

I tried resetting the router, by holding down the button on the back and that didn't work as well. now I'm starting to think maybe the network card is damaged. The router is working because everything else is using the router. What next?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now