pc cannot see new liteon dvd reader

sunny staines 16:30 11 Jun 05

I have just fitted a a dvd rw to replace my cd rw. it is the only device on the cable and is set to master.
but bios and explorer does not see i.any advice please. the bios is set to pnp

phono 16:44 11 Jun 05

Is the power connector firmly seated? Also check you have the IDE cable the right way round, the red stripe should go to pin one.

sunny staines 17:40 11 Jun 05

the power is ok because when i put a cd in the drive the lite comes on and the disk spins, i have the red side of the cable next to the power line. The obvious fault i thoought would be the ribbon cable not firmly seated but i have tried this a couple of times.

VoG II 17:42 11 Jun 05

Have you checked the ribbon cable at the motherboard end?

sunny staines 21:19 11 Jun 05

I have stripped down everything and rebuilt the lot.
The dvd drive now working ok but getting a double bleep error 02bo on my floppy drive. [floppy still works thhough].
Got a coating of dust inside the case,use condensed air spray but does not clean cards & mobo too well any tips on cleaning please will i try to sort my floppy drive out.

thanks to all for sufggestions offered.

De Marcus 21:21 11 Jun 05

clean, dry paint brush for removing thick layers of dust.

sunny staines 09:34 12 Jun 05

thank you

sunny staines 09:36 12 Jun 05

sorted my floppy too now, ls120 floppy drives need all options changed from default to disabled in the bios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…