PC Build

thebiglad 12:45 06 Oct 04

Hi guys im thinking of taking the plunge and building my own pc, after normally buying one of the shelf. does anybody know of a good website for support and general pointers in the right direction as to the best hardware etc

JonnyTub 12:50 06 Oct 04
  JonnyTub 12:50 06 Oct 04

Sorry, couldn't help myself :-)

Noelg23 12:53 06 Oct 04

JonnyTub thats shocking lol...thebiglad my best bet for you would be to get a PC Building book...from Waterstones or PC World...if you ask me I learnt just by reading PC Magazines like PCA and PCW and other mags like them...7yrs later and I am able to build PCs with my eyes closed...well almost...but that would be my advice to you...also you might want to look into taking a course too...then again I never took a course but it does help...anymore problems you can email me and I can help you out if you want...

redelf 13:02 06 Oct 04

click here

try this

spuds 20:04 06 Oct 04

Some videos, that may help click here#

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:45 06 Oct 04

Build your own PC
Videos click here
Info click here

Dorsai 21:03 06 Oct 04

Even though i have built my own PC's for ages, I always suspect that i end up paying more for it than i would if i bought it off the shelf.

But it's still FUN. The best bit, when it works, and it is in effect a randomly selected selection of bits, and PC makers spend time working out what works, and what don't.

And i get it to go, without the research.

But risky.

But dont let me put you off. I love My current PC.

AMD XP2000 CPU, Raid 0 160Gb (on two WD80Gb drives), 1gig ram (got lucky, it worked with a picky MOBO), Xp home, Sound card from a mate, AGP card from last PC.

Nice quiet PSU, CPU fan, Case fan. Quiet AGP card fan to arrive soon (AGP card standard fan now goes Moo Moo, buzz)

But i Am happy with it, and it works.

And you learn about PC's, and getting them to work. And how to D'Oh it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…